Explore Bainbridge Island
The very definition of island living is found on beautiful Bainbridge Island, WA. The mild climate, natural beauty, and friendly neighborhoods draw people from across the country. The island is like a hidden gem. But once you’ve found it, you’ll want to stay.
Land Area: 27.78 square miles, 17,778 acres
Size: Approximately 12 miles long and 4 miles wide
Miles of shoreline: 53
Population: 23,840 (July 1, 2015)
Average Home Price: $538,300 (July 1, 2015)
Total Households: 10,584
Median Household Income: $95,976
- Bainbridge Island has a mild, marine climate similar to that of San Francisco.
- Summer temperatures average around 64 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter norms dip to 41.4 degrees.
- The island experiences roughly 225 days of cloud cover annually. It receives an average of 37.19 inches of rainfall and 10.9 inches of snow per year.
- For gardeners, the climate is similar to that of southern England, with a growing season lasting about 180 days.
- Bainbridge Island has several neighborhoods, each with its own feel. Ask your broker which one is best suited for you and your family.
Bainbridge Island has a public school system for children in grades K-12. Included are three elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, a multiage program and a separate smaller high school.
The Bainbridge Island School District is known for its innovative student opportunities and exemplary level of its curriculum. Students perform very well, scoring an overall 9.1/10 on their Washington state school report card.
The school website has information on all of the schools as well as administrative contact information.
Bainbridge Island, WA most commonly used community resources:
- Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce
- Bainbridge Island Downtown Association
- Bainbridge Island Historical Society
- Bainbridge Island Public Library
- Bainbridge Island Metro Park & Recreation Department
- Bainbridge Island Arts & Humanities Council
- Bainbridge Island Lodging Association
- The City of Bainbridge Island
- Bainbridge Review
- The Bloedel Reserve
- Bainbridge Performing Arts
- Washington State Ferries
- Agate Point
- Battle Point
- Bill Point
- Crystal Springs
- Fletcher Bay
- Fort Ward
- Lynwood Center
- Manitou Beach
- Point Monroe
- Point White
- Port Blakely
- Port Madison
- Rolling Bay
- South Beach
- West Blakely
- Wing Point