Explore Bainbridge Island
Wondering what Bainbridge Island is all about? Here are the basics you need to know…
Land Area: 27.78 square miles, 17,778 acres
Size: Approximately 12 miles long and 4 miles wide
Miles of shoreline: 53
Population: 23,840 (July 1, 2015)
Average Home Price: $538,300 (July 1, 2015)
Total Households: 10,584
Median Household Income: $95,976
- Bainbridge Island has a mild, marine climate similar to that of San Francisco.
- Summer temperatures average around 64 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter norms dip to 41.4 degrees.
- The island experiences roughly 225 days of cloud cover annually. It receives an average of 37.19 inches of rainfall and 10.9 inches of snow per year.
- For gardeners, the climate is similar to that of southern England, with a growing season lasting about 180 days.
- Bainbridge Island has several neighborhoods, each with its own feel. Ask your broker which one is best suited for you and your family.
Bainbridge Island has a public school system for children in grades K-12. Included are three elementary schools, one middle school, one high school, a multiage program and a separate smaller high school.
The Bainbridge Island School District is known for its innovative student opportunities and exemplary level of its curriculum. Students perform very well, scoring an overall 9.1/10 on their Washington state school report card.
The school website has information on all of the schools as well as administrative contact information.
Bainbridge Island, WA most commonly used community resources:
- Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce
- Bainbridge Island Downtown Association
- Bainbridge Island Historical Society
- Bainbridge Island Public Library
- Bainbridge Island Metro Park & Recreation Department
- Bainbridge Island Arts & Humanities Council
- Bainbridge Island Lodging Association
- The City of Bainbridge Island
- Bainbridge Review
- The Bloedel Reserve
- Bainbridge Performing Arts
- Washington State Ferries
- Agate Point
- Battle Point
- Bill Point
- Crystal Springs
- Fletcher Bay
- Fort Ward
- Lynwood Center
- Manitou Beach
- Point Monroe
- Point White
- Port Blakely
- Port Madison
- Rolling Bay
- South Beach
- West Blakely
- Wing Point