Alignment issue. Overuse. Underuse. Just a few things my body is dealing with… So I went to an expert to help me get my body back to optimal working condition. Running with over stretched hamstring muscles is simply not a good idea, nor does it feel good.
And as spring has officially arrived, now is a great time to not only focus on your well being, but the well being of your house. Without proper maintenance, your house will slowly deteriorate and that is especially not good if you are wanting to put it on the market. Here are a few ideas for getting your house back in working order and ready to sell:
- Make sure everything works that’s supposed to…replace light bulbs, fix loose door knobs, oil squeaky doors.
- Make the front door area inviting, maybe add a few flowers, a new welcome mat. Make sure the doorbell works…kids love to test those. 🙂
- Declutter, declutter and then declutter some more. You may be used to seeing all those beautiful nicknacks lined up, but potential buyers will just see “clutter everywhere”. And those stuffed full closets should be partially emptied. No one wants to see the closets busting at the seams. This is not a How Much Can I Shove in My Closet kind of challenge. And if you are feeling extra ambitious, make sure all your hangers match and are facing the same way (It can show that if you are meticulous about organizing, you are probably meticulous about the care of your house).
- A fresh coat of paint can go a long ways. But not to state the obvious… make sure it’s a neutral color and it looks professionally done. No accidental paint on the trim please!
- Placement of furniture can make a big room look small or a small room look big. You pick (just make sure it’s the correct one. 😉
- Smells are something people do not forget. So make it memorable. Think clean, fresh and yummy.
- And…make sure your home is clean! Make the bathrooms sparkle, wipe down the countertops, clean the dog drool off the glass door, vacuum cereal up off the floor. Could you imagine walking along and CRUNCH!? Just eww.