So you’ve decided to move to Bainbridge Island. Great! And you have a love for running, right?? Ok, so maybe you are not compelled to run if no one is chasing you…. but you want/should/need to do something that your mind and body will thank you for. Or so we are told. Luckily for you, there are options here on this island. Whether it’s your traditional gym, Barre class, yoga, boxing, rock climbing, swimming, Cross-fit, karate, Jazzercise, tennis, or horseback riding. If you need a recommendation, here are some of our favorite places to get your body moving on Bainbridge Island:
- Barre Class – Barrecor: Whole-body fitness for your health and happiness! Regardless of age, body type, or fitness level. Barre is the safest and most effective way to transform your body and overall health. Barrecor is located in a central location on Bainbridge Island (360 Tormey Ln NE Ste. 194, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110).
- Yoga – Bainbridge Yoga House: Bainbridge Yoga House is a welcoming place for everyone! Stop by the Bainbridge Yoga House to relax and find personal strength. “This vibrant community comes to life in the beautiful process of healing and growth through practices of yoga, meditation, art, writing, chanting, and the study of philosophy.” The Bainbridge Yoga House is located on the north end of the island at (7861 NE Day Rd W, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110).
- Boxing – Castor Fitness: Release stress while your body gets stronger and leaner. These cardio kickboxing classes combine your mind, body, core, and music for a total body workout! Castor Fitness is located on the island’s north end at (7995 NE Day Rd W, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110).
- Rock Climbing – Insight Climbing & Movement: There are so many physical benefits to climbing. Not only will you be working on your upper body strength, but you will be exercising your mind and patience. Insight Climbing & Movement is an all-inclusive climbing gym, centrally located in CopperTop Park at (9437 Coppertop Loop NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110).
- Cross-Fit – Elevate Strength & Conditioning: Elevate offers both personal training and group classes. Each of these classes is led by a certified instructor helping people gain total body strength, increased endurance, basic gymnastics, weightlifting, improved balance, agility, and coordination. The best part is that everyone and anyone is welcome and at all fitness levels. Elevate Strength & Conditioning is located on the north end of the island at (7865 NE Day Rd W #202, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110).
After unpacking a zillion boxes, not only will exercise make you feel good. Not to mention, these are great places to make some new friends and transform your overall health and happiness!